More Fun and Really Odd Holiday Facts:
With only 24 days left, it’s time for today’s fun fact about weird and wacky celebrations around the world:
Fireworks are traditional almost everywhere; however, having at least one Scottish ancestor, I couldn’t resist recounting this tale.
If you find yourself in Scotland, be prepared to duck! In Stonehaven, the celebration includes a New Year’s Eve parade with spinning balls of fire making for a lively treat.
Fun Holiday Solo Travel Destination, Morocco
For an off the beaten path holiday, choose Morocco!
- See if there is snow in the Atlas Mountain peaks.
- Go for a very (very) fast hydrofoil cruise past the Rock of Gibraltar.
- Regale in the mild temperatures without the North African summer’s heat.
- Sample top local cuisine.
- Ride a camel, or take a local day tour through the desert.
- Shop until you drop at the local souks, and learn to bargain like you are not really a tourist!
- Explore historic and archaeological sites like the Kasbah of the Udayas and the ruins of the Roman city of Volubilis.
- Choose from multiple sites to visit from Rabat to Marrakesh to Casa Blanca to Fez or Tangier.
- Marvel at natural wonders like the Ouzoud Falls,
The post -24 Days Left in #HolidayCountdown: Fun Facts and Solo Destinations appeared first on Solo Trekker.